Julie Allen is a Partner in our Corporate Department and a co-head of the Capital Markets Group.
Julie’s practice focuses on general corporate and securities matters. She represents both underwriters and issuers in initial public offerings and follow-on equity offerings. Her experience also includes Rule 144A debt offerings, both as counsel to issuers and to initial purchasers. Julie's practice also includes mergers and acquisitions, particularly transactions involving public companies. She represents buyers and sellers, activist stockholders, boards of directors and financial advisors in mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations and tender offers. Julie also regularly counsels public companies and their affiliates regarding disclosure, governance, Sarbanes-Oxley and other securities law and compliance issues.
Julie serves as the Co-Chair of Proskauer's New Business Committee and Chair of its Corporate Department Opinion and Audit Letter Committees.
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar (Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate ControlContests, TriBar Opinion Committee)
- Chambers USA: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity Nationwide 2008-2011
- Best Lawyers in America 2005-2012
- New York Super Lawyers 2010
- US Legal 500: Capital Markets: Debt Offerings 2011
- US Legal 500: Capital Markets: Equity Offerings 2008, 2011
- US Legal 500: Capital Markets: High-Yield Debt Offerings 2007-2008, 2011
- US Legal 500: Capital Markets: Global Offerings 2011
- Burton Award for Legal Writing 2011