Julie Jones is a member of Ropes & Gray's Policy Committee, and served as head of the firm's Securities & Public Companies practice from 2006 to 2011. Julie focuses her practice on representing private equity funds and public companies in mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, and 144A financings. She also counsels clients on a wide range of securities law compliance and governance issues. Her clients include Avaya, Goldman Sachs & Co., The Hanover Insurance Group, J. Crew, LPL Financial, Silver Lake Partners, SunGard Data Systems, Thomas H. Lee Partners, TPG Capital and Wellesley College. Julie is a member of the Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association and a frequent speaker on securities law matters for the Practising Law Institute, Massachusetts Continuing Law Education and various other professional organizations.
Representative Clients and Matters
- Representing Avaya, Inc. in its proposed IPO.
- Represented LPL Financial, the nation's largest independent broker-dealer network, in its $522 million IPO. The IPO is believed to be the largest U.S. IPO of 2010 for a private equity portfolio company.
- Represented TPG in the $3 billion acquisition of J. Crew Group, Inc., a leading American clothing retailer.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv Health, Inc., a pharmaceutical services provider.
- Represented the Hanover Insurance Group, a leading United States insurance provider, in various ongoing corporate governance matters, most recently including its $200 million bond offering.
- Represented Hasbro, Inc. a global leader of children's and family leisure time entertainment products, in its $493 million public debt offering.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America (2006-2012)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2008-2011)
- The American Lawyer's "45-under-45" (2011)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2011)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2008-2011)
- "Dealmaker of the Week," The American Lawyer (2010)
- The Legal 500
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Business Law Section of ABA
- 1994, JD, magna cum laude, Cornell Law School, Order of the Coif
- 1991, BA, magna cum laude, Wellesley College