is global Co-chair of Latham & Watkins' REIT Industry Group. His practice focuses on corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions and general company representation. Mr. Kleindorfer brings particular expertise to transactions in the real estate, hospitality, gaming, consumer products and insurance industries.
- Registered equity and debt offerings
- Private placements
- Public and private acquisition transactions
- Board counseling and representation of special committees
- REIT roll-up and IPO transactions
In the corporate finance area, Mr. Kleindorfer has represented numerous issuers and investment banks, including in many recent REIT IPO transactions, such as those of:
- American Assets Trust, Inc.
- Chatham Lodging Trust, Inc.
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc.
- Douglas Emmett, Inc.
- Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc.
- MPG Office Trust, Inc.
- Spirit Realty Corporation
Mr. Kleindorfer continues to be active on equity and debt offerings for the above companies, and he has advised on numerous other securities offerings for real estate, hospitality and gaming companies.
- JD, Yale Law School, 1994, Editor-in-Chief, Yale Journal of International Law
- University of Heidelberg, 1991, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst scholarship
- BA, Yale University, 1990, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; National Merit Scholar
Mr. Kleindorfer has been recognized repeatedly by Chambers & Partners US
and in the Legal 500 US
guide for his expertise in the area of real estate investment trusts and corporate finance, and by Best Lawyers in America
in the securities law category. Chambers
writes that Mr. Kleindorfer "wins very high praise from market commentators for the 'formidable competition' he offers on the West Coast in the REIT space. 'He nailed the tax and securities aspects in a way that was efficient, practical and down to earth,' according to a one greatly impressed peer." Chambers
has also described Mr. Kleindorfer as "a great project manager and an extremely practical, solutions-oriented lawyer."