Jonathan Zhou has been involved in some highest profile private equity transactions in China in the last decade. Some of the representative transactions include:
- Represented Goldman Sachs' investment in Taikang Life Insurance.
- Represented KKR, TPG, GIC and Great Eastern in their investment in CICC;
- Represented The Carlyle Group in its approximately USD800 million investment in China Pacific (Group) Insurance Co. Ltd.;
- Represented The Blackstone Group in its approximately USD600 million investment in China Bluestar Corporation;
- Represented RBS in its strategic investment in Bank of China;
- Represented Newbridge Capital in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Shenzhen Development Bank.
Jonathan is a founding member of Fangda Partners, a leading PRC law firm having offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Shenzhen. He has been consecutively named a leading lawyer by Asia Law & Practice, Chambers and Partners, International Financial Law Review, etc. in the areas of M & A, private equity and capital markets. In 2012, he was granted a Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to Legal Profession by Chambers Asia.