Mr. John Du
is a partner of Jun He Law Offices. Mr. Du joined Jun He in 2001 and practices in our New York office.
Mr. Du focuses on US-China cross-border transactions, direct foreign investment in China, and cross border dispute resolution involving US and Chinese commercial entities.
Mr. Du has represented both Chinese companies doing business in the US as well as US companies doing business in China. He has successfully represented numerous multinational companies in their China investment and re-organization of their China operations. Mr. Du has also participated in complex project financing in China involving international financial institutions and has provided legal advice for Chinese loan facilities applying New York law.
Mr. Du has extensive experience in representing high-tech companies in the area of venture capital financing. He has also successfully represented Chinese trading companies in multi-million dollar trade litigations in both Federal and state courts in New York.
Prior to joining Jun He Law Offices in December 2001, Mr. Du practiced in midtown Manhattan and counseled corporate and individual clients in the areas of corporate structuring, business financing, and protection of intellectual property.
- Direct Investment in China for Apollo Group (investment in education), BearingPoint, Broadway Asia, Estee Lauder, Liquid Combustion Technology, Nederlander Entertainment, ThermaSys Corporation, Schering-Plough, and Wyeth, etc.
- General corporate work for the China operations of Acuity Brands, Apollo Group, BearingPoint, Broadway Asia, Estee Lauder, Invensys, Kichler Lighting, Milliken & Company, and Wyeth, etc.
- Offshore corporate restructuring for Global National Communications Co. Ltd. and MobilePeak Wireless Corporation
- International finance: special counsel for IFC's project financing investments in a forest project in Guangxi and Suzhou, a hospital in Shandong, and a carbon black facility in Maanshan, China, etc., and provided legal advice under New York law for such Chinese financial institutions as Shanghai Pudong Development Bank and China Merchant Bank in their banking transactions
- Intellectual property protection counseling for the China operations of Beckton Dickinson, Estee Lauder (especially in its anti-counterfeiting actions in China) and Wyeth, etc.
- International sales and distribution matters for Acuity Brands, Estee Lauder, Industrial Tubes, Milliken & Company, Plymouth Rubber, Wyeth, etc., in their product distribution in China; and Midea (one of the largest air-conditioning manufacturers in China), in its distribution of products in North America
- Dispute resolution for such Chinese companies as Sinochem Tianjin, Overseas Chinese Town, Xingfu Motor and Ningbo Yonglin Light Industry Co. Ltd.; and such US companies as Estee Lauder and Wyeth.
- JD, cum laude, New York Law School, 1998
- MBA, Baruch College, City University of New York, 1994
- BA, cum laude, Beijing Institute of International Relations, 1988