Joanne De Silva
represents institutional investors in a diverse range of finance transactions. These include senior, mezzanine and private equity financing arrangements, with a focus on leveraged financings, asset-based lending, workouts and restructurings.
Joanne qualified as a barrister in England in 1992, and a solicitor in Singapore in 1993. She practiced English and Singapore law while based in Singapore from 1993 through 1999. During that period, she represented Japanese and other banks in cross-border financings in Indonesia, Thailand and other parts of South East Asia.
She moved to New York in 1999, was subsequently admitted to practice New York law, and has lived and worked in New York since that time. She speaks French and Malay.
Senior Secured Financings
- Represented a market leading specialty finance company, as sole agent and arranger, in $137.5 million senior secured "unitranche" credit facilities that financed the acquisition of MagnaCare Holdings, Inc., a managed healthcare company. HIG was the sponsor. This matter closed in September 2010.
- Represented Ares Capital Corporation, as lead arranger, collateral agent and co-syndication agent, in three senior secured credit facilities in an aggregate principal amount of $138 million that financed the acquisition of a telecommunications provider. This matter closed in September 2010.
Second Lien Financings
- Represented a market leading specialty finance company, as sole agent and arranger, in a $72.25 million second lien term loan facility that was used to recapitalize OTG Management, Inc., an operator of restaurants, bars, food courts, eateries, gourmet markets and cafés at airports throughout the United States. This matter closed in April 2010.
- Represented Ares Capital Corporation, as sole agent, arranger and investor in a $105 million mezzanine acquisition financing for a leading provider of software services for health and human services organizations. Genstar Capital was the equity sponsor. This matter closed in June 2010.
- Represented Gleacher Mezzanine Fund II, L.P., as lead investor, in a $32 million mezzanine financing for TIDI Products, LLC, a leading manufacturer of infection protection products for medical and dental markets. The mezzanine facility financed add-on acquisitions of Timely Medical Innovations, LLC and MyDent International Corp. Beeken, Petty, O'Keefe & Co. was the equity sponsor. This matter closed in May 2010.
- Represented Gleacher Mezzanine Fund II, L.P., as lead investor, in a $18 million mezzanine acquisition financing for Multi Packaging Solutions, Inc., a full service print and packaging supplier. This matter closed in May 2010.
Workouts, Restructurings, Bankruptcies, DIP Financings and Exit Financings
- TLC Senior Secured Lender Group: Represented lenders (including Highland Capital and GSO/Blackstone) holding a majority in principal amount of approximately $100 million senior secured credit facilities for TLC Vision Corporation in workout and restructuring arrangements, including in pre-arranged bankruptcy proceedings. Also represented Cantor Fitzgerald, as agent, under a $15 million DIP financing for TLC in the bankruptcy proceedings. This matter closed in January 2010.
- Muzak Senior Secured Lender Group: Represented lenders (including GE, Moab Capital, ORIX Finance and Riva Ridge Capital) holding a majority in principal amount of a $105 million senior secured credit facility for Muzak LLC in connection with workout and bankruptcy proceedings. This matter closed in January 2010.
- Admitted to practice in New York
- Admitted as a Solicitor, England and Wales
- University of Oxford, Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence (1991)