3414 Peachtree Road, N.E. Suite 1600
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Jennifer Grandoff Cooper, shareholder in the Firm's Atlanta and Orlando offices, primarily focuses on business, mass and toxic tort, product liability and environmental litigation. Ms. Cooper's experience includes: counseling business clients with ongoing legal issues and litigation matters; nationwide coordination of litigation matters; defense of product manufacturers; and representation of property owners and operators in claims involving drinking water contamination, waste water treatment, storm water run-off and improper discharge, including Clean Water Act violations. Ms. Cooper's clients include the world's largest claims servicing company, the program manager for all construction improvements and development projects at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and several municipalities, utility companies, manufacturers and distributors. She also represents financial institutions and mortgage lenders and servicers, for whom she handles a variety of litigation matters. She is licensed to practice in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee, and practices out of the Firm's Atlanta and Orlando offices. Ms. Cooper serves as the chair of the marketing committee for the Firm’s Women's Initiative and is a member of the Association of Corporate Counsel – Georgia Chapter Women's Initiative Steering Committee.
Recent Representative Matters
- National coordinating counsel for all E&O litigation for the world's largest claims servicing company.
- Defense verdict at jury trial on claims of negligence, trespass, strict liability for ultra hazardous activity and nuisance, arising out of claims by several adjacent property owners that effluent ponds at waste water treatment facility in Florida were causing subsurface migration of water and contaminants to their property.
- Defense verdict at Federal Court jury trial on behalf of development company. Plaintiff sought over $4 million and attorneys fees for alleged Clean Water Act violations, trespass and nuisance, arising out of development of residential subdivision.
- National Coordinating counsel for ink and solvent manufacturer in chemical exposure cases.
- General Counsel for International Aviation Consultants, program manager for the Hartsfield- Jackson International Airport Development Program.
- Defense of property owners in storm water run-off/contamination cases and Clean Water Act claims, in both state and federal court.
- Defense of municipalities and utility companies in claims arising from operation of waste water and drinking water facilities.
- Defense of food products and vitamin supplement manufacturers for bodily injury resulting from alleged product defect or contamination.
- Defense of manufacturers and distributors of asbestos containing products, welding rods, diacetyl, solvents, beryllium, and other chemical materials and products.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Moderator – "In-House Success!" General Counsel's Roundtable, ACC Georgia (May 15, 2014)
- Speaker – "Crossing the Line: When In-House Counsel's Work Product Becomes Discoverable," Baker Donelson CLE presentation (December 2013)
- Moderator – "Ethics and Crisis Management," ABA Section of Litigation's Food & Supplements
Third Annual Workshop (June 2013)
- Speaker – Litigation Trends, "Georgia Storm Water Hot Topics," 6th Annual Georgia Environmental Conference (August 2011)
- Panelist – "And the Stella Goes to... -- Strategies for Handling Looney Litigation," IADC Mid-Year Meeting (February 2010)
Professional Honors & Activities
- Named to Georgia Trend Legal Elite in the area of Personal Injury (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013)
- Member – International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member – Defense Research Institute
- Member – Atlanta Bar Association
- Member – State Bar of Georgia
- Member – The Florida Bar
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Member – Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Marketing Chair – Baker Donelson Women's Initiative
- Member – Association of Corporate Counsel Georgia Chapter Women’s Initiative Steering Committee
- Florida, 1988
- Georgia, 1994
- Tennessee, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of South Florida, B.A., Phi Kappa Phi 1984
© 2014 Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC