Jennifer Fonner DiNucci
is a partner in the Cooley Business department and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. She is resident in the Palo Alto office and has been with the Firm since 1997.
Ms. DiNucci's practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, and she has represented a variety of public and private companies from various industries, including Rovi Corporation, Quest Software, BioMarin Pharmaceuticals, Levi Strauss, Cisco Systems and Silicon Graphics. She also represents investment banks and venture capital firms in M&A matters. Recent transactions include (Cooley client in bold):
- Sale of Dionex Corporation to Thermo Fisher Scientific for $2.1 billion
- Rovi Corporation's $720 million acquisition of Sonic Solutions
- Sale of Evalve, Inc. to Abbott Laboratories in a transaction valued at up to $410 million
- Sale of Beceem Communications, Inc. to Broadcom Corporation for $316 million
- Sale of Perceptive Software to Lexmark International, Inc. for $280 million
- Kudelski Group's $215 million acquisition of OpenTV
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical's $115 million acquisition of ZyStor Therapeutics, Inc.
- Sale of Oriel Therapeutics, Inc. to Sandoz International
- Sale of Okcupid.com to Match.com
An active member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the American Bar Association's Section of Business Law, Ms. DiNucci is currently serving on the task force authoring the ABA's model two-step tender offer agreement.
Ms. DiNucci is included in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the category of Corporate/M&A. She was also recognized by The Daily Journal as one of the Top 100 leading attorneys in California for 2006.
Ms. DiNucci graduated cum laude from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1995. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business-Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1991, graduating magna cum laude
, with college honors distinction. She was also elected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa
Ms. DiNucci is a member of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of California.