- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1989)
- Indiana University (B.A., 1983, Phi Beta Kappa)
Ms. Marvel is admitted to practice in Illinois and in various federal courts.
Areas of Expertise
Janet Marvel is a partner at Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard and Geraldson, a boutique trademark and copyright firm in Chicago. Pattishall was recently ranked a Tier 1 Trademark Law Firm in Chicago by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms".
Ms. Marvel practices in all areas of trademark and copyright law, with focuses on litigation before the federal courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, corporate transactions, U.S. and international prosecution, development of complex and comprehensive brand plans, advertising and promotions review, and other counseling.
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago : Board of Managers
- American Bar Association-Intellectual Property Law Section : Editorial Board, Landslide Magazine
- 2012 International Trademark Association: Vice Chair, Non-profit committee
- 2011 Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago Trademark and Anti-Counterfeiting Committee : Chair
- 2009-2010 Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago, U.S. and International Trademark Committee : Chair
- Northwestern University School of Law : Adjunct Professor, Trademark and unfair competition course 2005-2009
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago : Vice chair, U.S. Trademarks Committee
- International Trademark Association : Membership Services Committee, Academic Subcommittee
- American Intellectual Property Law Association : Anti-counterfeiting Committee
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property : Member
- Intellectual Property Organization : Member
- Chicago Bar Association : Member
- Illinois State Bar Association : Member