Jacob Springer, LLM, CIPP (US/E/C), CIPM, CHP
Jacob Springer serves as the Global Privacy Officer and Compliance Division Counsel at Abbott Laboratories, where he leads the company's comprehensive privacy program as well as its data protection process portfolio. He also supports Abbott's global businesses as its Chief Privacy Counsel.
Prior to joining Abbott, Jacob had over ten years of broad compliance management experience at Baxter International. While at Baxter, he served as Chief Privacy Officer and supported Europe, Canada and Latin America as general compliance and FCPA counsel.
At both Abbott and Baxter, Jacob provided counsel to executive management on a regular basis to ensure that the companies' privacy and data protection programs were aligned with business priorities and strategy. Additionally, Jacob also led efforts to ensure product and process development were aligned with privacy and data protection requirements of consumers and regulators globally. Jacob has completed law degrees from Europe/Austria and US/University of Virginia.
Jacob's qualifications include:
- Member of the New York Bar
- Certified Information Privacy Professional [CIPP-US/Europe/Canada]
- Certified Information Privacy Manager [CIPM]
- Certified HIPAA Professional [CHP]
- IPPC [International Pharmaceutical Privacy Consortium] board member
- MDPC [Medical Device Privacy Consortium] vice chair and board member