Howard Weg began practicing bankruptcy and commercial law in 1980 after he received his LL.M. from Yale Law School. Throughout his career, he has had leading roles in representing debtors, creditors, creditors' committees, investors and purchasers of assets and claims in numerous workouts and chapter 11 cases, including those of the California Power Exchange, Pacific Gas and Electric, Applause, Adventure Parks Group, Clothestime, Namco Capital, Carolco Pictures, Enron, Shooting Gallery Pictures, Granada Hills Community Hospital and others.
Mr. Weg's many publications include articles in Commercial Law Journal, California Bankruptcy Court Reporter, Real Estate Law Journal, and Business Law News. He has lectured widely for, among other organizations, the American Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, California Bankruptcy Forum, the State Bar of California, the Financial Lawyers Conference and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
Mr. Weg has served on the Executive Committee and as chair of the Education Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California and is actively involved in several committees of the American Bar Association. He was the President of the Financial Lawyers Conference for 2004-2005 and is on its Board of Governors. Mr. Weg is a fellow and Ninth Circuit Regent of the American College of Bankruptcy and has been named one of The Best Lawyers in America in the book of that name by S. Naifeh and G.W. Smith. Mr. Weg was named a "Los Angeles Superlawyer" in Los Angeles Magazine. He was recognized as the Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year in 2004 by the Century City Bar Association.
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. 1976).
- Southwestern Law School (J.D. 1979). Cum laude.
- Yale Law School (LL.M. 1980).
- Peitzman, Weg & Kempinsky LLP, Partner (1999 - present).
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, Partner (1994-1999).
- Morrison & Foerster, Partner (1990-1994).
- Gendel, Raskoff, Shapiro & Quittner, Associate (1983-1988) Partner (1988-1990).
- American Bar Association. Member, Business Bankruptcy Committee (1985-present).
- State Bar of California. Member, Executive Committee, Business Law
- Section (1994-97); Chair, Education Committee, Business Law Section (1993);
- Chair, 15th Annual Spring Program, Business Law Section (1993).
- Financial Lawyers Conference. Board of Governors (1998-2001). President (2004).
- American College of Bankruptcy, Ninth Circuit Regent (2008- )
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America.
- Named one of L.A.'s "Super-Lawyers."
- Named "Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year" 2004 by Century City Bar Association.
- Listed in Chambers
- Listed in U.S. News and World Report Listing of Law Firms