Federal Judicial Service:
Judge, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Nominated by William J. Clinton on April 22, 1999, to a seat vacated by Joseph H. Rodriguez.
Confirmed by the Senate on November 10, 1999, and received commission on November 15, 1999.
Tufts University, B.A., 1972
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1975
- Law clerk, Hon. Spottswood Robinson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 1975-1976
- Special assistant to the chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 1976
- Private practice, Newark, New Jersey, 1977-1983, 1987-1990
- Assistant U.S. attorney, District of New Jersey, 1983-1987
- Senior deputy chief counsel, Office of Thrift Supervison, U.S. Department of the Treasury, 1990-1993
- Deputy assistant secretary for law enforcement, U.S. Department of the Treasury, 1993-1994
- U.S. attorney for the District of New Jersey, 1994-1999