Gregory W. Gallagher, P.C.
As a partner in Kirkland's Chicago tax group, Gregory W. Gallagher's area of practice focuses on transactional matters at the federal and state levels. In the federal tax area, Mr. Gallagher has been involved in a wide variety of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, executive compensation, debt restructurings, bankruptcies and tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and U.S. Tax Court. He has obtained rulings from the IRS with respect to numerous transactions. At the state level, he advises clients with respect to nexus issues and has been involved in audits and litigation involving state income tax and sales and use tax issues.
Mr. Gallagher was mentioned in the article, Big Suits: UAL Bankruptcy, for his role in UAL Corporation's bankruptcy filing.
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D., 1997 summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif; Harno Fellow; Associate Editor, Law Review
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- B.S. in Business Administration, 1994
- Highest Honors; graduated top 1%
- Adjunct Professor, IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, "Corporate Tax" (2005 - 2006)
- Lecturer at seminars and conferences, including Tax Executives Institute and Practising Law Institute
- Illinois, 1997
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1997
- United States Tax Court, 1998