Gary Adler is a co-practice leader in Bingham's electronic document retention and discovery practice. He provides guidance to firm clients on a variety of issues relating to electronic discovery, and he speaks and writes regularly on electronic discovery topics.
Gary's practice also focuses on commercial litigation, and represents both domestic and foreign companies in complex commercial law suits involving intellectual property, antitrust, commercial tort, product liability, product warranty, franchise and environmental claims in proceedings before state and federal courts throughout the United States, and before both domestic and international commercial arbitration panels and regulatory agencies.
Gary also acts as outside general counsel to numerous companies, providing guidance on a broad range of commercial matters, and as regulatory counsel, providing guidance on compliance with both federal and state food and drug, environmental, and product safety laws and regulations.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Case and notes editor, senior editor, Law and Policy in International Business
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgetown University Law Center, Juris Doctor (1980)
- Franklin & Marshall College, Bachelor of Arts (1977)