Frank Agostino is the president of Agostino & Associates, P.C., a law firm in Hackensack, New Jersey specializing in civil and white collar criminal litigation, tax controversies and tax planning.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Agostino was an attorney with the Internal Revenue Service’s District Counsel in Springfield, Illinois and Newark, New Jersey. He also served as a Special Assistant United States Attorney, where he prosecuted primarily criminal tax cases.
As an adjunct professor, Mr. Agostino taught tax controversy at Rutgers School of Law and served as the co-director of the Rutgers Federal Tax Law Clinic.
Mr. Agostino is a frequent speaker and author on tax controversy and litigation matters. He serves on the Advisory Board of the Journal of Tax Practice and Procedure. Mr. Agostino is actively involved with the American Bar Association and the New York County Lawyers’ Association.
Mr. Agostino is also the President of the Taxpayers Assistance Corp., which provides tax and legal advice to low income taxpayers in the NY/NJ area.
- Tax Practitioner’s Guide to Identity Theft (CCH Inc., 2015), ISBN 978-0-8080-4315-7
- Recent Developments in FATCA Compliance, 93 TAXES 51 (July 2015)
- A 21st-Century Approach to Litigating Valuation Issues, 17 J. TAX PRAC. & PROC. 47 (Apr.-May 2015)
- Reviving Disallowed Charitable Conservation Easement Deductions, 146 TAX NOTES 449 (Apr. 27, 2015)
- Be Prepared: The IRS’s Duty to Foster Voluntary Compliance Through Code Secs. 6014(a) and 6020(a), 17 J. TAX PRAC. & PROC. 5 (Feb.-Mar. 2014)
- Civil Tax
- Criminal Tax
- White Collar Defense
- LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law
- J.D., New York Law School
- B.A., City College of New York
Awards & Recognition
- Recipient, ABA’s 2012 Janet Spragens Pro Bono Award
- Recipient, NJ State Bar Association’s 2015 Pro Bono Award
- New York
- New Jersey
- Tax Court