- Founder and Managing Director of the IT Law Group based in Palo Alto, California;
- Attorney-at-law, Member of the California Bar (admitted 1998), Illinois Bar (admitted 1983) and the French Bar (admitted 1993);
Over 30 years of legal experience of the information technologies and emerging technology markets, and over 20 years of legal experience of data privacy and security issues, including:
- Data Privacy and Security;
- Data Governance;
- Cloud computing;
- Information technology law;
- Internet law;
- eBusiness law.
- Rated a "top privacy expert" in the recent Computerworld survey "Best Privacy Advisers";
- Named an "attorney who matters" by Ethisphere, in the field of Privacy & Security.
- Recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global, as one of the world's leading lawyers in the field of information privacy and security.
- Recommended in The Best Lawyers in America, in the area of information technology and data privacy and security.
- Recommended in Who's Who in E-Commerce and Who's Who Global in the area of information technology and data privacy and security.
Francoise Gilbert is the Founder and Managing Attorney of the IT Law Group (www.itlawgroup.com), a niche law firm that focuses on information privacy and security, cloud computing, and data governance.
Ms. Gilbert regularly advises a wide range of global or publicly held companies, and selected start-ups on a variety of information privacy and security and cloud computing matters, including negotiation of high stakes cloud computing contracts, compliance with a variety of privacy and security laws, development and implementation of policies and procedures, training of workforce and company management, and implementation of security standards, among others. In connection with global projects, she assists global companies on multinational compliance efforts, such as cloud computing contracts, crossborder data transfers, the consolidation of human resources or customer data, monitoring policies and procedures, and website privacy statements.
Francoise Gilbert assists companies in implementing their IT & data privacy policies