Erin A. Smart
Erin Smart represents clients in complex civil litigation matters involving commercial disputes, intellectual property and securities. Erin frequently writes and speaks on the use of electronic discovery in litigation. As part of the firm's partnership with the Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights, she represents indigent clients in court appearances for misdemeanor citations, and prior to joining the firm, she interned as a San Francisco public defender.
Erin serves on the board of the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (BALIF).
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Bingham's Associate Spotlight Award (2008)
- Moot Court Award, Best Oral Advocate (2004)
- Ministerio de Educacion y Cultura: Examen Superior (highest Spanish proficiency award available to non-native speakers) (2001)
- American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (BALIF), Board Member (2009-2011); Treasurer (2010-2011).
- Student Board Member and Client Advocate, General Assistance Advocacy Project (2003-2005)
- Admitted to practice in California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Walla Walla University, Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, 2003