Eric Fuglsang practices primarily in the area of commercial real estate. His practice focuses on commercial leasing and asset management, commercial real estate finance, and commercial sales and acquisitions. Mr. Fuglsang has extensive experience in the representation of landlords, institutional owners, asset managers, investors, developers, and tenants in all facets of commercial leasing and asset management activities, the representation of both lenders and borrowers in commercial financing transactions, including modifications and workouts of troubled loans, and the representation of sellers and purchasers in connection with the acquisition and disposition of commercial office, industrial and retail properties (both individually and on a portfolio basis) including distressed assets.
Education and Honors
DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Graduated in the top five percent (5%) of his law school class, earning a Dean's Scholar distinction and an American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure.
- DePaul Law Review (Member). Order of the Coif (Member). Phi Kappa Phi (Member). Delta Mu Delta (Member).
Elmhurst College (B.S., highest honors, 1994) - Degree: Economics and Business Administration.
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1997
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013: Real Estate Law).
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars Editions 2007-2011 (Real Estate).
- Leading Lawyers Network (Member).
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section).
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member, Real Property Section and Local Governmental Law Section).
- Chicago Bar Association (Member, Local Government Committee).
- Building Owners and Managers Association - "BOMA" (Member, Chicago Chapter).