Donna M. Petkanics
is a partner in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Her law practice focuses on the representation of growth companies, with a particular emphasis on corporate and securities issues. She represents both privately held and public companies across a broad range of industries, including telecommunications, Internet infrastructure, networking, life sciences, computer software and hardware, clean technology and energy, and electronics. She has experience representing companies in many types of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, and joint ventures. She also counsels clients who are starting new businesses with respect to general corporate matters and protection of their intellectual property.
During her tenure at the firm, Donna has served in a number of management positions, including managing director of operations and chair of the Operations Committee from 2000 to 2006; member of the firm's board of directors and Compensation Committee; associate managing partner of the firm; and co-chair of the Hiring Committee and Nominating Committee. She currently is a member of the firm's Policy Committee and served on the board of directors of the Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Foundation from 2000 to 2010.
Prior to attending law school, Donna was a staff economist in the Executive Office of the President during Jimmy Carter's administration and also worked for the House of Representatives. She began practicing at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in 1985.
SELECT TRANSACTIONS AND CLIENTS:
- In the course of her career, Donna has represented companies and underwriters in more than 65 public offerings
- Public companies Donna has represented include Agilent Technologies, Calgene, Catalytica Energy Systems, Cell Genesys, Cypress Semiconductor, Foundation Health, Hewlett-Packard, LoudCloud, Pacific Biosciences, PMC-Sierra, Solectron Corporation, Sun Microsystems, and Zilog
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1985
- B.A., Economics, Northwestern University, 1980
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Trustee, UC Berkeley Foundation