Dominique Shelton is a litigation partner in Alston & Bird's Los Angeles office. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, with particular attention to intellectual property and privacy litigation, as well as unfair competition and antitrust matters. Dominique also provides strategic compliance counseling in digital marketing and data privacy on cutting edge issues, such as mobile privacy, Big Data, Do Not Track and behavioral advertising, among others. In 2012, she was named Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year by the Century City Bar Association.
She has litigated matters involving various state and federal laws, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Federal Trade Commission Act, Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Computer Fraud & Abuse Act, California False Advertising Law (Business & Professions Code §17500), California Unfair Competition Law (Business & Professions Code §17200) and California Penal Code § 502. She has also negotiated with the CA AG and FTC.
Dominique's clients are Fortune 500 companies, start-up ventures and privately held companies across a broad spectrum of industries that include media and entertainment, technology, broadcasting, digital sales and marketing, advertising, wireless/mobile, Internet, lead generation, manufacturing and electrical, software, telecommunications, legal services, automotive parts and services, dietary supplement, food and health/beauty.
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel for the United States District Court, Central District of California (December 2011-present)
- Member 2007, Chair 2011-2012, Entertainment & Intellectual Property Law Section (ELIPS), LA County Bar Association
- Lawyer Representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Board Member 2007-2010, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles
- President 2005-2006, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Life member, National Bar Association Black Women Lawyers
- Board member 2004-2006, California Women Lawyers Association
Georgetown University (J.D., 1991)
Brown University (B.A., 1988)
Admitted to Practice