Devika Kewalramani is a partner and co-chair of Moses & Singer's Legal Ethics & Law Firm Practice which advises law firms, lawyers and legal departments on ethical, legal and business aspects of law practice. Devika's practice focuses on the laws that regulate lawyers and she counsels on a variety of issues relating to legal ethics, professional responsibility, partnership and fee disputes, risk management and loss prevention. She conducts ethics audits for midsize and boutique law firms and develops risk management compliance manuals for the firms.
A frequent lecturer, panelist and author on legal ethics, Devika speaks to corporate legal departments, law firms, bar associations and other professional organizations around the country on conflicts of interest, engagement letters, attorney advertising via blogs, websites and social media, unauthorized practice of law, lawyer/lawfirm domain names and law practice management. The editor of the New York State Bar Association's Journal magazine recognized Devika as an author with one of the best written articles for 2010 with "Up Close and Professional With New York's Engagement Letter Rules" (September 2010). She is also a faculty member of the Practising Law Institute and of Lawline.com. Previously, she was general counsel to Moses & Singer. Prior to that, Devika was an associate in Moses & Singer's Banking and Finance practice where she represented major financial institutions in secured and unsecured financings.
- CUNY School of Law, J.D.
- St. Xavier's College (Kolkata, India), B.A.
- Member, Committee on Professional Ethics of the New York State Bar Association
- Member, Advisory Board of the Ethics Institute of the New York County Lawyers' Association
- Member, Committee on Professional Discipline, the Association of the Bar of The City of New York
- Past Chair, Subcommittee on Engagement Letters, Professional Responsibility Committee, the Association of the Bar of The City of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York