Derek is a is a Director with more than two decades of professional experience and is one of the leaders of PwC's US Shared Services and Outsourcing Advisory practice.. He brings a unique blend of management consulting, operating, and finance/accounting experience with expertise in designing and managing complex transformation initiatives for global organizations. His core competencies include full lifecycle shared services/outsourcing advisory, finance transformation, cost reduction/performance improvement, process/organization redesign, strategic sourcing, and aligning businesses and information technology. He is a CPA.
- Led the global shared services strategy and high level design engagement for a global, multi-governmental organization
- Led the global sourcing assessment of a large global consumer products company
- Led the sourcing and effectiveness assessment of the European finance and accounting organization of a global medical device company
- Led the outsourcing and shared services assessment of a global real estate company, including their IT operations, finance and accounting, facilities, research, and lease administration processes
- Led the shared services and outsourcing assessment of large global consumer products company
- Let the assessment of the European finance and accounting organization's performance and service delivery model for a global pharmaceutical company, recommending improvement opportunities including outsourcing and shared services
- Led the shared services strategy, business case and location assessment for a US aerospace and defense company, spanning finance & accounting, procurement, supply chain, and service processes
- Led the shared services and common technology platform assessment of a large, global industrial products company, identifying a multi-regional shared services strategy and roadmap.
- Led the assessment of a top global financial institution's sourcing governance and approach, and benchmarked the scope and scale of the organization's outsourcing and offshoring.
- Led the evaluation of an existing outsourcing contract for a global beverage company
- Led the assessment of an existing global finance and accounting contract for a global US-based industrial products company.
- Led the shared services strategy and assessment phase for a global energy generation and distribution company, resulting in the development of a business case and high level roadmap.
- Led the development of a global shared services and outsourcing strategy, business case and roadmap for diversified global manufacturer.
- Transitioned finance and accounting processes to an Indian-based captive center for a large information solutions company. Designed offshoring strategy and managed knowledge transfer and transition of the financial planning and analysis processes to the delivery center
- Led assessment of finance and accounting outsourcing opportunities, issued RFP, and managed the vendor selection process for a Fortune 100 communications company.