Denise McKenzie is a partner in Kirkland's Los Angeles office and a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property group. She has participated in and led both bench and jury trials. She was a member of the trial team that obtained a jury verdict awarding patent infringement damages of more than $184 million to her client against a well-known information technology company. Her patent litigation practice includes cases that involve computer architecture, semiconductor technology, computer software and hardware, and internet-related technology.
In 2009 Denise was lead trial counsel as a volunteer prosecutor at the Inglewood City Attorney's office in criminal cases, handling all phases of several jury trials..In 2009 and 2010, Denise was named a "Super Lawyer" by Law & Politics Media Inc. and Los Angeles Magazine.
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 1996
- University of Southern California, M.S. Electrical Engineering, 1988
- Hughes Aircraft Masters Fellowship.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.S. Mathematics - System Science, 1985
Admissions & Qualifications
- Partner, Sidley Austin LLP, (2004-2010)
- Volunteer Prosecutor, Inglewood City Attorney's Office, (2009)
- Associate, Pretty Schroeder & Poplawski, (1999-2000)
- Associate, Merchant & Gould, (1996-1999)