Ms. Grassgreen has been a partner in the firm since 1997 and has significant experience representing debtors, trustees, and creditors' committees in chapter 11 cases nationwide. Ms. Grassgreen is an author and frequent speaker on various bankruptcy-related topics including the treatment of intellectual property rights in bankruptcy, the interplay of real estate and bankruptcy, entertainment-related bankruptcy issues, issues in hi-tech bankruptcy cases, and individual chapter 11 cases.
Ms. Grassgreen is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and is listed among "Best Lawyers in America" and "San Francisco's Best Lawyers" for her work in bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights law. Ms. Grassgreen is a graduate of the University of Florida, where she also received her J.D., and is admitted to practice in Florida as well as California. Ms. Grassgreen is a resident in our San Francisco office, having previously resided in our Los Angeles office.
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy.
- Co-chair, Bay Area Network, International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (2006-)
- Member, American Bar Institute Asset Sales Subcommittee (2004-)
- Member, American Bar Association Business Law Section Legislation Subcommittee (2000-2004).
- Member, Florida Bar Association Business Law Section Bankruptcy/UCC Committee (1992-1996).
- Individual chapter 11 debtors: Boxer Mike Tyson; Grammy-award winning singer Toni Braxton; the trustee for Ronald Isley of the Isley Brothers, William Lansdale.
- Chapter 11 debtors in Mesa Air Group; MagnaChip Semiconductor; Dunmore Homes, Woodside Homes; Webvan Group; Pacific Crossing Limited (a subsidiary of Global Crossing); Laura West Enterprises; RBX Industries; Clarent Corporation; Breed Technologies; TCW/Camil Holdings; Sleepmaster Corporation; Sizzler International; Fresh Choice; conflicts counsel in Dana Corporation; chapter 11 trustee in Le-Nature's, Inc.
- Receivership: Former San Francisco Mayor Art Agnos as receiver of the SF Housing Authority.
- Creditors' committees in Suge Knight/Death Row Records; Landsource Communities Development; Flying J, Inc.; committee conflicts counsel in Chrysler.
- Lender/plan sponsor in PacWest Funding Corporation (Columbia Ventures Corporation).