Deanna L. Kirkpatrick
Ms. Kirkpatrick is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department. As a senior member of the firm’s Capital Markets Group, her practice includes public equity, equity-linked, debt and other securities offerings by U.S. issuers. She has regularly worked for issuers and underwriters in connection with capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, as well as convertible and exchangeable securities offerings.
Ms. Kirkpatrick has worked on offerings for issuers over a broad spectrum of industries, including financial institutions, health care, oil and gas, retail, media, utilities and special-purpose acquisition companies.
Ms. Kirkpatrick has represented issuers such as Cigna and CVS Caremark in recent securities offerings and regularly advises such issuers, as well as issuers such as Orbitz, Maidenform and GXS, on disclosure and corporate governance matters.
She has also represented major investment banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Merrill Lynch as underwriters’ counsel in equity offerings and convertible and exchangeable offerings, and regularly advises investment banking clients on securities law-related matters.
Ms. Kirkpatrick is listed as a leading capital markets lawyer in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Practical Law Company’s Cross-border Capital Markets Handbook.
- Co-Chair, Practising Law Institute’s panel on “How to Prepare for an Initial Public Offering”
- Co-Author, “Role of the Law Firm” in Nasdaq’s Going Public: A Guide for North American Companies to Listing on the U.S. Securities Markets
- Member, Committee on Financial Reporting, New York City Bar
- Chair, Finance Committee, 2011-present
- Partner, 1997-present
- Associate, 1989-1997
State of New York
- B.A., Queen's University, 1985
- M.B.A./LL.B., University of Western Ontario, 1989