is a partner in DLA Piper's Corporate and Securities group, based in Silicon Valley. He comes to DLA Piper from Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, where he was partner-in-charge of that firm's Palo Alto office.
Mr. Mo is recognized as a leading corporate and securities lawyer in Silicon Valley. He has represented emerging growth companies, major public companies, investment banks, venture capital funds and private equity funds in hundreds of public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, buyouts, venture capital financings and other complex transactions. He has extensive experience in corporate governance matters and regularly acts as general outside counsel to public and private companies at all stages of development, particularly in the technology, life sciences, clean energy technology and consumer sectors.
Among his clients have been such companies as Cisco Systems, Digital Island, Doubletree Hotels, E*TRADE Group, JetBlue Airways, Restoration Hardware and many top-tier investment banks and venture capital funds.
Mr. Mo has lectured extensively at seminars sponsored by the Practising Law Institute and other professional groups, and has given expert legal commentary on emerging growth companies and the technology sector for CNN Moneyline, CNBC Business Center and various publications. Mr. Mo is the founder and co-chair of PLI's Venture Capital conferences, served as co-chair of the Annual Institute on Securities Regulation from 2001 to 2006 and has been a member of the advisory board for the Annual Securities Regulation Institute in San Diego. He serves a number of community organizations, including as a member of the board of directors of the influential Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network.
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Mr. Mo as a leader in Corporate/M&A: Deals in Asia and in Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital. Chambers comments that he is recognized "particularly for biotech and cleantech expertise, and maintains a notable China-based cross-border practice" and calls him "a respected figure in the financing of emerging growth companies, both within the USA and abroad"
- Legal 500 US has repeatedly recognized him for his Venture Capital and Emerging Companies practice, calling him "highly reputed" and commending him as "experienced and simply fantastic." Legal 500 also hails Mr. Mo's arrival at DLA Piper as "game changing"
- San Jose magazine: Top Lawyers in Silicon Valley
- San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal: Who's Who 2008
- AlwaysOn: "100 Top Deal Makers of 2008" list
- American Lawyer: "Dealmaker of the Year" 2003
- California Law Business: "Top 20 Lawyers in the State of California under the Age of 40"
- IPO Vital Signs: Top 100 Lawyers
- Columbia University School of Law J.D.
- Columbia University B.A.