Christopher Tobin is a partner in Michael Best’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. Mr. Tobin’s practice focuses on patent prosecution and counseling, with an emphasis on high technology intellectual property matters.
Mr. Tobin has significant experience in patent preparation, prosecution, litigation and examination, as well as in postgrant procedures such as reexamination, Inter Partes Review and supplemental examination. He has also assisted clients with intellectual property portfolio management and assessment in relation to planned acquisition, due diligence related to portfolio acquisition and auditing of existing patent portfolios.
Mr. Tobin has experience with a wide variety of technologies related to the electrical and computer arts, including networks, display and imaging devices, electronic commerce, semiconductors, electrical circuitry and software.
Prior Work Experience
Mr. Tobin has previously worked as a patent examiner and senior patent counsel for a multinational corporation.
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Honors and Recognitions
- Named Client Service AllStar by BTI Consulting Group, Inc. (2016)
- IAM Patent 1000 (2014, 2015)
- Little League Baseball Coach (20032009)
- Youth Development League Basketball Coach (2004 2012)
- Villanova University School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Villanova University, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
RELATED LEGAL SERVICES