CHRISTOPHER G. DUFFY
Chris is a Director for KPMG's Market Risk Management Practice with over 25 years experience in Financial Services, Capital Markets, and Corporate Treasury. Chris provides clients with a broad perspective on addressing risk management issues, having held senior positions in corporate, banking, government, and advisory roles over the course of his career.
Professional and Industry Experience
Chris has assisted clients with financial instrument valuation including foreign exchange, interest rate, commodity, credit, and structured products; reviews of hedging policies, procedures, processes and controls, including FAS 133 related activities; and M&A due diligence and post-acquisition integration activities.
Chris' experience outside of KPMG includes positions with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, initially in International Research and later on the Foreign Exchange Trading Desk, where he monitored market conditions and executed transactions on behalf of the Fed and the U.S. Treasury. Chris also held trading positions on the FX options desk for a global bank and for a managed futures fund. More recently, Chris has had extensive corporate treasury experience, including positions as: Director of Foreign Currency Risk at a large U.S insurance company; Vice President for Foreign Exchange Services at a market-leading global money transfer company; and Treasurer for a private venture capital-backed money transfer start-up operating under an acquisition rollup strategy, where his responsibilities also included company infrastructure implementation and working capital modeling.
- Reviewed hedging policies, procedures, and controls for a Mortgage Issuer
- Acted as project leader for a general ledger review/integration of a $5 billion commercial lending acquisition
- Review of hedging strategies and hedge effectiveness calculations for a wide range of financial and non-financial companies
- Valuation of financial instruments and derivatives, including benchmarking of client assumptions against current market practices.
- Has taken a lead role in development and deployment of key KPMG service offerings, including Model Development and Validation, Finance and Treasury Management, and Dodd-Frank OTC Derivatives Assessment Services
Project management; Use and application of pricing models
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Extensive experience leading internal KPMG training sessions on risk management, engagement procedures, and engagement methodologies
Undertook a rotational assignment in KPMG's internal Risk Management group, reviewing engagement policies. new methodologies, and service permissions