C. Evan Stewart handles litigation matters on behalf of domestic and international clients before the U.S. Supreme Court, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation, as well as federal and state appellate and trial courts. Mr. Stewart also represents clients in arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Concentrating primarily in securities litigation and regulatory enforcement matters, he also practices antitrust (civil and criminal), takeover and other forms of emergency litigation, trademark, employment, and general corporate and commercial law.
Mr. Stewart has substantial experience in the financial services industry. He served 12 years as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for The Nikko Securities Co. International, Inc. and he also served as a Director of Nikko Financial Services, Inc. In addition, Mr. Stewart was First Vice President and Associate General Counsel of E.F. Hutton & Company, Inc., serving as head of its litigation department.
Mr. Stewart is an adjunct professor of law at Fordham Law School, as well as a visiting professor at Cornell University. He has written a column in the New York Law Journal since 1990, and has published over 200 articles on diverse legal subjects; he is also frequently featured in the national media and regularly speaks across the country on securities, professional responsibility, and complex litigation issues.
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2010-present
- Super Lawyers, New York, 2009-present
- Modaq Content Award, Most Popular Article in the United States, August 2008
- Dyson Society of Fellows, Pace University, Fall 2007
- Top Trials of 2005, New York Law Journal, February 2006
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1977
- Cornell Law Review (published)
| || |
- Cornell University, B.A., cum laude, 1974
- Westminster School, cum laude,1970