joined Scandaglia & Ryan in 2006 after working as an associate at Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP (formerly, Lord, Bissell & Brook LLP) for several years. He has represented clients nationwide in a broad range of complex litigation contexts, including insurance and reinsurance coverage, insurance defense and bad faith, professional liability, trademark infringement, technology and internet law, breach of contract, products liability, and personal injury defense.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
ADMISSIONS, AFFILIATIONS AND HONORS
- “Rules for Depositions,” a three-part series, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (August 3, 10 and 17), Author.
- “Temporary Restraining Orders and Preliminary Injunctions,” Chapter 9, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Business & Commercial Litigation 2012 edition, Contributor.
- "How to Avoid (Even ‘Accidentally’) Committing Fraud on the PTO: Trademark Owners and Practitioners at Risk,” BNA’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal (October 15, 2010), Co-author.
- Served as an advocacy coach during a mock mediation at Northwestern University School of Law’s Mediationand Advocacy class.
- Federal Bars: Seventh Circuit, Northern District of Illinois and Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar: Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Legal Prep Charter Academies, Member of the Board of Directors (2011)
- Erie Neighborhood House, Member of the Board of Directors (2008—present)
- Erie Neighborhood House, TEAM Mentor of the Year Award (2007)
- Child Advocacy Law Clinic, Ann Arbor, MI, Chaired court hearings (2002)
- U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, Washington, D.C., Researcher (2001)
University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Juris Doctor, 2003
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, May 1999
, honors distinction