has over seventeen years of business experience, as an executive at the nation’s largest transporter of natural gas as the Director of Mergers & Acquisition Integration and as a consultant at two international management consulting firms. Blair’s core business experience centers on executing successful carve-out transactions. Blair also leads EYs Transaction Value Assessment (TVA) service offering in the US. He has worked in many industries including; oil & gas, technology, consumer products, manufacturing, hospitality and defense.
Transaction Specific Experience (Selected)
- Led the buy-side carve out and integration of a $560 million downstream refining Fortune 500 company
- Led the carve-out management office for a $1B divestiture of a Fortune 50 manufacturing equipment company
- Led the carve-out separation activity for a $4.7 billion IPO of a global food company, separating the people, processes, technology and contracts across 52 markets in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Led sell side stand-alone cost analysis for a $5B private company in anticipation of selling its restaurant businesses unit
- Engagement leader on an $18B merger integration of two multinational energy companies identifying $400 million in annual synergies
- Developed the E&Y Transaction Value Assessment (TVA) service offering.
- Analyzed the synergy realization on a $7B global Oil & Gas acquisition prior to the synergy achievement public press release
- Reviewed the transaction process for the largest agricultural products company in North America and recommended process improvements across the due diligence, integration planning and integration phases
- Analyzed the ROI and acquisition process on three acquisitions done by a multinational engineering & construction company, and a multinational oil company in which the findings were presented to the board of directors.
- Conducted a synergy quality audit for a $18B merger prior to the synergy realization press release.
- Engagement leader for a $4 billion hospitality company, eliminating over $75 million of stranded corporate center and shared service costs after divesting 3 of 7 strategic business units.
Education and Memberships
- Blair led the carve-out IPO for an global nutritional company with a presence in 52 markets
- He also lived in Sweden for a year while working on a key supply chain optimization project for a Swedish automotive manufacturer
- Blair completed his undergraduate studies at Utah State University and his MBA at the University of Chicago graduating with honors at both institutions.