Betty Moy Huber is co-head of the Environmental Group in Davis Polk's Corporate Department. She has provided advice for over 15 years to various financial institutions, private equity firms and other companies in a wide range of environmental matters, particularly in the context of mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets and other financing transactions. In addition, she has extensive experience in the treatment of environmental liabilities in bankruptcy, advising on complex environmental toxic tort liabilities, in environmental insurance and indemnification issues, as well as environmental corporate governance matters.
Ms. Huber is cited as an environmental law expert in numerous industry publications, including CFO.com, Directorship magazine, Financier Worldwide and Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst. She is a frequent speaker on a variety of environmental law topics, including on behalf of the Practising Law Institute and TheCorporateCounsel.net. In addition, she is the author of numerous articles published by various organizations including The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, the American Bar Association, the Environmental Law Institute and TacklingGlobalWarming.com.
Her pro bono practice is varied, including advice to The Rainforest Alliance, Settlement Housing Fund, BronxWorks, Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, Gay Men's Health Crisis and Women's Prayer Summit.
- Listed as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011)
- Law Business Research's Who's Who Legal - The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers - Environment (2010, 2011)
- Legalease's Legal 500 U.S. 2011 in Environment: Transaction and Regulatory Law
- Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers
OF NOTE Memberships
- Environment, Energy and Resources Division, American Bar Association
- Environmental Law Institute
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1996
- Articles Editor, Annual Survey of American Law