has extensive experience in civil litigation, including as a first-chair litigator in state and federal court trials and appeals, and in
arbitrations. He regularly advises the NFL regarding issues relating to its collective bargaining agreement, as well as in other matters.
- Representing the NFL in the negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association.
- Representing the NFL against antitrust challenges to the 2011 lockout in Brady et al. v. NFL, et al.
- Representing the BIG EAST Conference in litigation to uphold the validity and enforceability of the Conference Bylaw withdrawal provisions.
- Successfully defending the NFL against the claims in Atwater, et al. v. NFLPA, et. al., 626 F.3d 1170 (11th Cir. 2010).
- Helping to defend the NFL's college eligibility rules from antitrust challenge in Clarett v. National Football League, 369 F.3d 124 (2d Cir. 2004).
- Representing patentholders in Hatch-Waxman litigation, including a lead role in securing for a patentholder a preliminary injunction and recall order against an infringing generic company.
- Representing policyholder clients in disputes regarding coverage for mass tort liabilities.
- United States Army, Armor Branch, Officer (1993-1998)
- Filing amicus brief in support of petition for certiorari regarding Apprendi issues associated with criminal fines.
- Represented petitioners bringing an Equal Protection challenge to discriminatory bar admission rules in the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D./M.A., 2001
- Hardy Cross Dillard Scholarship
- Goldsten Award for Distinction in the Classroom
- Virginia Law Review, Executive Editor
- U.S. Military Academy, B.S., 1993
- Hon. A. Raymond Randolph, U.S.
- Court of Appeals, District of
- Columbia Circuit, 2001-2002
- District of Columbia