Barbara Bruckmann is a member of the firm's Antitrust Practice with over 20 years substantial experience in antitrust law, including counseling in connection with joint ventures, strategic alliances and other collaborations among competitors, intellectual property matters,complex distribution arrangements, pricing and promotional programs,Robinson-Patman law, standard-setting, trade associations, antitrust audits and compliance, and strategic analysis in connection with antitrust litigation.
She has, for example, provided complex distribution and pricing advice for manufacturers of well-known brands. She also regularly advises companies in connection with joint marketing, sourcing or other distribution arrangements with competitors. She also has substantial experience in connection with joint ventures and information exchanges among competitors in a variety of industries. With the growing and strategic importance of the antitrust / intellectual property interface, she also advises clients in connection with licensing arrangements, patent strategies and other intellectual property matters. Finally, she frequently guides clients in connection with antitrust audits and corporate antitrust compliance programs.
- Editorial Board Member, The Antitrust Source, ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2007–present)
- Chair & Co-Chair, State Antitrust Enforcement Committee, ABA
- Section of Antitrust Law (2004–2007)
- Delegate, ABA from ABA Section of Antitrust Law (1999–2002)
- Officer, Finance, ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2002–2004)
- Member, Council, ABA Section of Antitrust Law (1996–1999)
- Chair & Vice-Chair, Robinson-Patman Act Committee, ABA Section of Antitrust Law (1990–1996)
- District of Columbia
- Washington and Lee University
- School of Law (JD, 1986), Order of the Coif, summa cum laude
- Wellesley College (BA)