Anna Erenburg specializes in trademark, copyright and internet law, counseling domestic and multinational clients on all aspects of intellectual property matters, including worldwide risk analysis, clearance, prosecution, management, and enforcement of domestic and foreign trademark portfolios, trade dress, copyrights, and Internet domain names. She also counsels both debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings, as well as represents clients with respect to intellectual property and software/information technology licenses, and acquisitions, divestitures, audits and securitizations of intellectual property portfolios.
Additionally, Ms. Erenburg has extensive experience developing and managing domestic and foreign registration and enforcement programs, counseling clients on rebranding of company products and services, and clearance of advertising, promotional materials, packaging, and websites. Representative industries include pharmaceuticals and medical devices, personal and household care products, oil and petroleum products, fashion/ apparel, entertainment, computer software and banking.
Ms. Erenburg is a member of several professional organizations, including the International Trademark Association and the Licensing Executives Society. She has been an invited speaker at professional and client conferences and seminars on such topics as domestic and foreign trademark clearance and prosecution strategies, intellectual property due diligence, and trademarks and bankruptcy.
Ms. Erenburg received her undergraduate degree from New York University and her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School. Prior to joining Cadwalader, Ms. Erenburg was a Trademark Examining Attorney at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and practiced intellectual property law at other New York City based law firms. She is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Pfizer Inc.'s acquisitions of King Pharmaceuticals and Wyeth
- Refinancing and restructuring of several international hotel and casino companies
- CVC Capital Partners proposed acquisition of the iShares ETF business from Barclays
- General Motors bankruptcy and restructuring
- Chrysler bankruptcy and restructuring, and related Chrysler and Fiat transaction
- LyondellBasell Industries bankruptcy
- Celanese's sale of its polyvinyl alcohol business to Sekisui Chemical
- BayHarbour Management acquisition of Steve & Barry's stores out of bankruptcy
- Six Flags Inc.'s intellectual property license with Tatweer, a member of Dubai Holding, for a Six Flags Dubailand theme park