- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute, 2003
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, 2011 and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt candidate, Six Sigma Academy
- LLM, University of British Columbia, 1994
- BA in Law, University of Warwick, UK, 1990
- Qualified solicitor and member of the Law Society of England and Wales, 1994
Andrew Terrett is National Co-Leader, BLG Adroit, and National Director of Knowledge Management. He is a seasoned project management and process improvement professional with over 15 years of experience working on large complex project and process challenges in professional service firms.
Andrew combines his legal experience and training in project management and Lean Six Sigma methodologies in training, guiding and supporting BLG's professionals, as well as BLG's clients, in the application of project and process management to legal services.
Prior to joining BLG in 2005, Andrew worked as a technology consultant/project manager with a number of large software company working on multi-year IT implementation projects.
Before re-locating to Toronto in 2002, Andrew lived and worked in London, UK, where he worked as a technology consultant with Baker Robbins (now HBR Consulting) and as an in-house project management with Masons (now PinsentMasons). He has written and spoken extensively on the area of law information technology and knowledge management including a book entitled The Internet - Business Strategies for Law Firms, published by the Law Society of England & Wales in 2000.
Publications & Presentations
- Co-Presenter, "Managing Litigation: How In-house and Outside Counsel can Collaborate to Maximize Efficiencies and Predictability," a three-hour workshop for in-house legal counsel, Canadian Bar Association/Canadian Corporate Counsel Association National Annual Conference, August 2012.
- Panellist, "The Role of Knowledge Management in Legal Project Management," Practical Law Institute conference on Project Management for Lawyers, February 2012.
- Presenter, "Essentials of Project Management & Process Optimisation for in-house counsel," BLG U 2011 and 2012 in-house counsel professionalism conferences.
- Co-Presenter, "Legal Project Management - Staff Roles," International Legal Technology Association Conference, August 2011.
- Presenter "Introduction to Project Management for Lawyers," Canadian Bar Association (British Columbia branch) Annual Conference, November 2011.
- Co-presenter, "The in-house lawyer as project manager," Association of Corporate Counsel Canada branch seminar, December 2010,
- Co-Chair, Canadian Bar Association Conference, and Speaker, "Project Management for Canadian Lawyers," November 2010
- Author, Internet - Business Strategies for Law Firms, Law Society of England and Wales, 2000.
- Member, Project Management Institute (PMI) and the PMI Legal Project Management Community of Practice
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Information, Law and Technology, which he helped establish in 1996