Amit Mehta is a partner in the Private Equity practice at Paul Hastings in the Chicago office. Mr. Mehta's practice is focused on private equity and venture capital transactions, restructuring and distressed transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, and counseling boards and senior management on strategic business, corporate governance, financial, and transactional matters. He regularly represents companies in acquisitions and dispositions and also in connection with distressed assets.
Mr. Mehta serves as general counsel for companies, including providing advice and assistance with respect to general corporate matters and corporate governance. He has a wide range of corporate finance experience, including venture capital and other private placement transactions and secured and subordinated financing transactions.
Accolades and Recognitions
- Recognized by publications such as Chambers & Partners USA Guide, 2011, and listed by Super Lawyers Magazine in the Rising Stars Edition, 2012
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth
- Director and Officer, HHS Foundation
- Member, Indian American Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2000 (cum laude)
- Saint Louis University, B.S.B.A., 1997 (magna cum laude)