Adam M. Fox has a broad-based transactional practice, representing public and private companies, including private equity sponsors and related portfolio companies, institutional clients and investment banks, in mergers and acquisitions, proxy contests, recapitalizations, public and private equity and debt securities offerings and financing transactions. He also represents public and private companies on general corporate matters, including employment, licensing, joint venture and other agreements.
He is experienced in counseling investment banking clients with respect to M&A structuring issues and fairness and valuation opinions.
Mr. Fox is known for his commitment and patience and his ability to negotiate and consummate a diverse array of transactions that meet the practical needs of clients to complete transactions while protecting and promoting their interests.
Examples of notable transactions that Mr. Fox has handled include:
- Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., an electronic market maker and broker-dealer, in its $1.2 billion initial public offering
- Datascope Corporation in its $865 million sale to Swedish healthcare-equipment maker Getinge AB and prior acquisitions and dispositions, including, most recently, the $202 million sale of its patient monitoring division to China-based Mindray Medical International, Inc. and the $24 million sale of its vascular closure business to St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. in its $225 million acquisition of HotJobs from Yahoo!
- ASIMCO Technologies Holdings Limited, the largest independent producer of diesel engine components in China, and its consortium of investors, led by primary equity sponsor Key Principal Partners, in its $148 million sale of ASIMCO to Bain Capital
- B&G Foods, Inc. in its $200 million initial public offering of equity securities
- Commerce Velocity LLC, in its sale of a majority stake to and subsequent buyback from Bear Stearns and in its sale to Fidelity National Financial
University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.B.A, summa cum laude, 1988
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1991, associate editor of the Comparative Labor Law Journal
Member, New York Bar