is a partner in the Palo Alto office of Mayer Brown’s Intellectual Property practice. He litigates intellectual property cases in federal courts and before the International Trade Commission. Mike serves as the IP Practice Leader for the Palo Alto office.
Mike is also a registered patent attorney with substantial experience in prosecuting patent applications in the electrical arts, as well as experience in drafting, negotiating and advising clients on IP aspects of corporate transactions.
- Represented a semiconductor company in Delaware District Court against an assertion by Plaintiff of a power management patent: currently pending.
- Represented an electronics company in Massachusetts District Court against an assertion by Plaintiff of a high.energy particle accelerator patent: defeated preliminary injunction motion.
- Represented a semiconductor company in Delaware District Court against an assertion by Plaintiff of a client/server data traffic patent: favorable settlement.
- Represented an electronics company in California Central District Court in an assertion of patents related to manufacturing of optical information carriers: won summary judgment.
- Represented a software educational company in California Northern District Court and before theAmerican Arbitration Association in an assertion of a breach of contract action related to electronic
- educational programs: after 3.day Hearing, Arbitrator found breach of contract in favor of Mayer Brown client and awarded a six figure award, not including attorneys'fees and costs.
- Represented a computer manufacturer in Florida Southern District Court against an assertion by Plaintiff of a biometric matching patent: favorable settlement.
- Represented an electronics company in California Central District Court in action alleging infringement of five patents relating to light emitting diodes: confidential settlement.
- Represented semiconductor company in ITC Investigation under Section 337 of the Tariff Act relating to semiconductor fabrication methods: resulted in a Final Determination that invalidated all relevant claims of a first patent and all but one claim of a second patent.
- Represented semiconductor company in ITC Investigation under Section 337 of the Tariff Act relating to silicon signature semiconductor technology: resulted in determination of non.infringement and patent invalidity in favor of client.
- Represented solar company in asserting a solar panel mounting system patent against Defendants: stayed pending Reexam.
- Represented semiconductor company in California Northern District Court against claims for copyright infringement, breach of contract and fraud: favorable settlement after winning summary judgment.
- Represented semiconductor company in California state court in trade secret action relating to flash memory devices: favorable settlement.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, JD, 1993; Moot Court Board
- Northwestern University, BS, Electrical Engineering, 1990
- US Patent and Trademark Office, 1995
- California, 1994