David Rabinowitz, co-head of both our Litigation and Employment and Labor practices, has been a partner with Moses & Singer since 1985. He is an experienced litigator and trial attorney for civil commercial cases involving contracts, copyright, trademark and unfair competition, employment and employment discrimination, real estate, general and health privacy regulation, and decedents' estates and trusts with emphasis on the entertainment, media, banking and business products industries. David is experienced with arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution procedures, and he has appeared in state and federal courts throughout the United States. David is also active in our Legal Ethics and Law Firm Practice group.
David has lectured and participated on panels before The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the American Bar Association, the Practising Law Institute, The Copyright Society of the U.S.A., the Licensing International annual convention and the Massachusetts Software Council. He has taught Copyright Law at Seton Hall Law School as an adjunct professor. He is a member and former trustee of The Copyright Society of the U.S.A. David has published articles which have appeared in Advertising Age, Entertainment Law Reporter, The Entertainment Publishing and the Arts Handbook, the Journal of The Copyright Society of the U.S.A. and Practical Lawyer. He has written a series of articles on Internet Law entitled "Web Site Story," which appeared in American Lawyer's Corporate Counsel magazine.
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S.
LAW SCHOOL ACTIVITIES/HONORS
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- New York Super Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Former Trustee and Co-Chairman of 1999 Annual Meeting, The Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York