Stephanie B. Shellenback is a partner and member of the Real Estate Practice Group. Her practice focuses on the transactional side of real estate including dispositions and acquisitions, leasing and financing. Stephanie's recent transactions include the representation of the owner in the sale of a 500,000 square foot downtown Chicago office building and the representation of the borrower in the financing of a suburban office building. In her leasing practice, Stephanie represents a private REIT in the leasing of a 4 million square foot office portfolio. In addition to serving a client base comprised of institutional owners and investors, Stephanie has brought her understanding of real estate to corporate mergers and acquisitions and asset-based loan transactions where real estate has comprised a significant part of the deal. Stephanie has also counseled not-for-profit corporations in connection with their real estate investments and holdings. Finally, Stephanie serves as leader of a multi-disciplinary client service team which provides real estate transactional, land use and environmental representation to a Fortune 500 company in connection with its real estate projects in Illinois.
In General. While attending Emory University, Stephanie held the position of Notes and Comments Editor for the Emory Law Journal.
- Commercial Real Estate Leases: Negotiating Key Lease Provisions, Law Seminars International, Chicago, IL, September 18 - 19, 2007.
- Commercial Real Estate Leases: Negotiating Key Lease Provisions, Law Seminars International, Chicago, IL, September 17 - 18, 2006.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS
- Member, CREW Chicago (Board Member and Delegate to CREW Network, 2001; Delegate, 2000; Secretary, 1998; Board Member and Membership Chair, 1997)
- Firm Liaison, BOMA Chicago
- Member AECRE, International Association of Attorneys and Executives in Corporate Real Estate