ROCCO VENEZIA is an audit senior manager in the New Jersey Consumer and Industrial Markets practice. He has more than 10 years of experience providing financial statement audit, audit of internal controls and due diligence services. He has a strong background in project management, financial analysis, control evaluation, technical issues research as well as managing client relationships. Rocco is currently on rotation in KPMG's Department of Professional Practice in New York.
Rocco has provided professional audit services to several large multinational chemical, retail and pharmaceutical clients in accordance with PCAOB requirements, US GAAP and IFRS. His audit experience ranges from SEC filings, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 audits, and statutory audits to the participation in large global audit transitions. He has a strong understanding of SEC rules and regulations and has been involved in debt and equity offerings.
Rocco has managed several complex audits for clients in a variety of industries. Core strengths and accomplishments include:
- Served as the lead audit manager for several public companies.
- Managed the audit of an IFRS to US GAAP reconciliation for the US subsidiary of a global chemical manufacturer.
- Managed and supervised a complex international legal entity restructuring performed to simplify the legal structure of a major subsidiary subsequent to acquisition.
- Supervised the audit of registration statement filings related to the leveraged buyout and subsequent IPO of a global chemical manufacturer. In addition, participated in the audit of purchase accounting associated with the LBO.
- Assisted the Business Unit Professional Practice Partner (BUPPP) in the monthly professional practice update meetings.
Rocco's current focus within KPMG's Department of Professional Practice ranges from evaluating new technical US GAAP, IFRS and SEC accounting literature to serving within KPMG's Quality Performance Control Program (QPCP). In addition, Rocco serves as a Monetary Unit Sampling (MUS) Specialist to engagement teams.