Rajiv P. Patel
Partner, Intellectual Property Group
Primary Areas of Practice:
- Patent Strategy and Counseling
- Patent Prosecution
- Patent Reexamination / Litigation
- IP/Patent Licensing
- IP/Patent Audits
- IP/Patent Due Diligence
Law School / Graduate School:
- University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center), J.D. and M.IP., 1995
- Rutgers University, B.S., in electrical engineering, with high honors, 1989
- Program Chair; Practicing Law Institute course on "Advanced Patent Prosecution"
- Program Chair; Practicing Law Institute course on "Reexamination and Patent Litigation Crossover Proceedings".
- Faculty Member; Practicing Law Institute courses on "Fundamentals of Patent Prosecution," and "Patent Law for the Non-Specialist".
- Speaker; ITechLaw India session on "Global Patent Prosecution Strategy".
- Adjunct Professor of Law at University of California, Hastings College of the Law (2001 to 2006).
- Member of the State Bar of California and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Board Member, ITechLaw Association
- Dean's Leadership Council for Franklin Pierce Law Center
- Dean's Committee for Rutgers University, School of Engineering
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- TiE ("The Indus Entrepreneurs"/"Talent, Ideas, Enterprise")