is head of Sullivan & Cromwell's Commodities, Futures and Derivatives Group. The Group is responsible for a full range of regulatory, transactional and litigation advice in the commodities, securities and banking areas to its brokerage, investment banking, banking and commercial clients.
Mr. Raisler was an assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia from 1977 to 1982 in the Criminal and Civil Divisions. He then joined the Commodity Futures Trading Commission as deputy general counsel and was the general counsel of the Commission from 1983 to 1987. Mr. Raisler was the chairman of the New York City Bar Committee on Futures Regulation from 1988 to 1991. He currently is vice chair of the ABA Derivatives and Futures Law Committee. He was a member of the Working Group of The Group of Thirty Derivatives Project. Since 1992, he has been a member of the board of directors of the Futures Industry Association. He also is a member of the board of directors of the Managed Funds Association. Mr. Raisler is a member of the board of trustees of NYU School of Law and chair of the board's Development Committee.
Rankings and Recognitions
- Best Lawyers' 2012 New York City Derivatives and Futures Law Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business - Derivatives (2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2003, 2004-2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Derivatives (2003-2004, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- PLC Cross-border Capital Markets Handbook (2009)
- PLC Cross-border Finance: Secured Lending Handbook (2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009)
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- The Lawdragon 3000: Leading Lawyers in America (2009-2010)
- New York Super Lawyers - Securities and Corporate Finance (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- 1976, New York University School of Law, J.D.
- 1973, Yale University, B.S.