Bettina Bender is a Partner specialising in English employment and partnership law. Bettina provides contentious and non-contentious employment law advice to international, European and English publicly listed and limited companies. She has particular expertise in advising US and European parent companies with UK based subsidiaries.
What the Directories Say:
Legal 500 2012 (Employment Law): "Bettina Bender receives a flow of referrals to advise individuals and senior executives, but also acts for international companies such as a US-based electronics multinational."
Legal 500 2011 (Employment Law): Bettina Bender is "highly responsive and professional" and provides "calm measured advice combined with persistence where needed"
Legal 500 2012 (Partnership Law): Bettina is "highly regarded" for her partnership work.
Bettina is experienced in providing advice on the following:
- strategic employment law advice for corporate clients
- internal HR investigations, and disciplinary and grievance procedures
- board room disputes, including executive appointments, departures and bonus issues
- enforcement of restrictive covenants, confidentiality obligations and team moves
- complex discrimination litigation
- collective redundancies
- partnership discrimination claims, partner departures, team moves and partner restrictive covenants
Bettina regularly contributes articles published in legal and HR publications. She is a regular speaker on employment law developments and also provides comment on topical employment law issues in the press, including radio and television. She is an officer of the International Bar Association, Discrimination and Equality Law Committee, and a member of the European Employment Lawyers Association, the UK Employment Lawyers Association and the German-British Chamber of Industry and Commerce. Bettina is bi-lingual in English and German. Prior to joining CM Murray LLP Bettina worked at two City law firms and a leading national law firm.